Surya part 1: Surya Namaskar Mantras
Devotional Salutations to your Inner Sun
About the mantras
There are four Surya Namaskar mantras. The mantras consist of three Ritual Surya Namaskar mantras that support you while performing the Surya Namaskara asanas (series of postures), which for many are a daily morning ritual. The Surya Namaskara and mantra honor the twelve aspects of the Self, your Inner Sun, your Soul. These mantras can be also be used as a puja (prayer) and as listening meditation.
The fourth mantra is the Orchestrated Surya Namaskar mantra that sings the mantra in various ways, alternating with music of the santoor, as an ode to the Soul. It is a sing along mantra with which you can express the multiple qualities of the soul deeply and let them resonate in you more clearly.
An in-depth explanation of these twelve aspects, mantras and description of the Surya Namaskar Asanas, see the accompanying book Surya - Je innerlijke zon: een spirituele benadering van de Surya Namaskar, Surya puja, Surya pranayama en Surya mantra written by Anandajay. This book is only available in Dutch, for an overview, click here.
Surya Namaskar Orchastrated mantra
Offers an incarnating healing of your openness to existence
- Helps you to experience yourself in a larger context.
- Helps you to experience and express respect for creation.
- Helps you to be humble and thankful.
- Helps you to approach awe with reverence.
- Helps you to be dedicated.
- Helps you to enjoy your aloneness.
- Helps you to become acquainted with spiritual love.
Surya Namaskar mantra rituals
Offers an incarnating healing
In the ritual mantras, the abovementioned values of Surya Namaskar Orchastrated mantra are brought into an atmosphere of austerity, contemplation and inner calmness. The three versions furthermore give the following accents:
- Surya Namaskar mantra ritual alternate (antiphon): offers an incarnating healing of your openness to togetherness (religious accent).
- Surya Namaskar mantra ritual harmony (two voices who sing simultaniously): offers an incarnating healing of your openness to wholeness (meditative accent).
- Surya Namaskar mantra ritual solo: offers an incarnating healing of your openness to oneness (activating accent).